Search TheArnoldFans
TAFs Social Links

Sponsors
Sunday
Jul122015

Terminator Genisys Box Office Update Gives High Hope for T6!

In just 12 days since its July 1st release date, Terminator Genisys just about hit the 225 Million mark in the worldwide box office. 

At this rate, T5 could very likely reach a solid 375 to 450 million final total, nearly doubling or tripling the 155 million film budget. Of course then there’s all the other great revenue of the film to come later including DVD/Blu-ray sales and merchandising. While all of this sounds very promising, it is not yet a solid lock for T6. 

Genisys will need to clear a minimum of 375 million worldwide in order for it to be considered a success and it will reach this number providing the awesome Arnold-loving crowds of China get to see it. Many speculate China alone could add an additional 100 million dollars or more to the worldwide box office. By the end of July, China will set its release date. If they get an August release, we may see the T5 earnings stall around the 300 million mark for a few weeks until China can highly necessitate the box office growth. 

While Genisys is loved by most fans, the negative critic reviews kept American crowds away. 225 Million in just 12 days is very impressive but sadly only 69 million so far comes from America. I love my country. America is where I live and we are great at just about everything we do. But I must say, I am not happy with how soft we’ve gotten with our sad standards of #1 movies these days. I’m not saying that Genisys is the single best movie this year, but I will say it is better than Jurassic World, Avengers 2 and Minions. Come on America, we’re really going to give a bigger box office to Spy and Pitch Perfect 2 over a TERMINATOR movie!?  Like I said, America is awesome, but boy do we suck at the movie theaters! 

Genisys will likely make 100 million in America with another estimated 300 million by international territories. Support Genisys if you want to see a great sic-fi movie with the fate of fantastic sequels! Come on America, stop listening to the critics; Listen to the FANS! Don’t go soft! Put away your cartoons, superheroes and dinosaurs and grow a pair! Get out there and watch a fucking TERMINATOR movie!

PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend

Reader Comments

There are no comments for this journal entry. To create a new comment, use the form below.

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
All HTML will be escaped. Hyperlinks will be created for URLs automatically.
« Exclusive: Pumpin' & Rockin' with Billy Corgan, Flea & Electric Six! | Main | Actor Wayne Bastrup and WWE's Shad Gaspard Red Carpet Interviews! »